Web & Software Development Director
Blue Corona is a technology-enabled digital marketing company that helps need-based service companies increase their leads and sales. Blue Corona creates & implements inbound internet marketing strategies such as pay-per-click (PPC) advertising, search engine optimization (SEO), website design and development, and marketing analytics services to measurably increase marketing performance.
Blue Corona is making significant technology investments in systems used to deliver client services. These include client website development, tracking, marketing & enterprise platform integration, and the creation of a next generation platform and portal for client services, powered by connected data.
As Web & Software Development Director, you will lead and grow the technical teams responsible for website and solution software development, technical support, hosting & administration, and the execution of retainer services. You will contribute to our technology direction, lead the execution of our roadmap, ensure an ongoing quality technical experience for our clients, manage our contractors, and mentor & grow the technical team members. You will work closely with the CTO and the Director of Technology Solutions Management, interface with other Blue Corona leaders, and participate in strategic client and partner relationship development.
If you are passionate about technology, love to develop & deliver websites and software solutions for clients and integrate a variety of systems to solve real business problems, and enjoying leading technical teams to achieve new successes, this is the position for you.
Lead and manage our technical teams responsible for Blue Corona technology solutions. Be a technical go-to person and a hands-on contributor for web & software development functions including:
- Develop, deliver, deploy, administer, support, and maintain:
- Client websites with tracking & engagement capabilities using WordPress, tracking tools, plugins, third-party platforms, and WPEngine.
- Blue Corona platforms and customer portals built using technologies such as MongoDB, Express, React, Node (MERN), Python, MySQL, and related technologies. Solutions are deployed on AWS.
- Blue Corona platform integrations to marketing (e.g., Google, Microsoft, Meta, DialogTech) and enterprise platforms (e.g., ServiceTitan, Successware) using integration frameworks & tools.
- Manage technical work queues for
- Website retainer services and solution support.
- Website hosting, administration, and security for our client websites.
- Blue Corona applications, integration, platform support, and DevOps.
- Enhance software solutions architecture, tech stacks, development frameworks & components, tools, and integration frameworks.
- Enhance systems, processes, and policies for managing technical assets including source code, and relevant documentation.
- Learn new platforms relevant to our business and develop team competencies to work these platforms into our solution offerings.
- Establish policies & guidelines for new development, ops, administration, and maintenance. Ensure compliance and ongoing enhancements.
- Monitor standards relevant to our technology and ensure practical operationalization in our execution.
- Achieve an optimal balance of quality, scope, and time to deliver solutions that meet business needs.
- Foster a culture of innovation and learning that translates into keeping our solutions current & relevant. Test new concepts & ideas using research & experiment sprint tasks.
- Organize & align teams for efficient execution of our development & technical services.
- Mentor & grow team members, offering solutions to complex coding or other technical challenges in daily execution. Help team members grow in their careers.
- Manage our development contractors to maximize throughput and ensure quality of work produced for Blue Corona.
- Work with Sales on strategic opportunities, projecting Blue Corona’s technical strengths.
- Develop trusted advisor relationships with strategic clients & partners.
- Work with Sales, Marketing, Services and Support, Technology Solutions, and other areas to promote Blue Corona as a leader in Digital Marketing Solutions Technology.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field
- 3-6 years of experience as a Web / Software Development Lead, Manager, or Director
- Current experience in leading technical teams
- Hands-on experience with WordPress and WPEngine or related ecosystems
- Hands-on experience with LAMP, MERN and related frameworks & tools
- Apply out-of-the-box thinking for innovative solutions to challenging problems.
- Develop solutions for reusability and scale using generalized approaches.
- Active in development communities, forums, and other technology communities
- Knowledge of development standards and trends with ability to operationalize
- Process oriented & use metrics to drive and manage technical processes effectively
- Practical experience in using the Agile framework to lead teams
- Detail oriented and driven to excellence in code quality, execution, and management
- Effective communicator, verbally and in writing, bridging functional and technical topics.
- Business oriented, connect client and company business needs with technical solutions.
- Passionate about coaching and mentoring team members to grow in their careers.
- Strong work ethic, taking ownership to get things done with a “Can-Do” attitude.
- Strong strategic and critical thinking skills.
Blue Corona Perks & Benefits
- Flexible/remote working opportunities
- Quarterly bonus plan
- Generous paid time off policy
- Health/vision/dental coverage
- Health Savings Account with employer contribution
- Casual dress code
- Company 401(k) matching
- Company celebrations and events
- Company-branded swag
About Blue Corona
Founded in 2008, Blue Corona is a full-service digital marketing agency helping residential service companies increase their leads and sales, optimize their marketing costs, and differentiate their brands online. Blue Corona was recently named one of Inc. 500 2021 Best Workplaces and Charlotte Business Journal’s Best Places to Work (large companies), is a member of the prestigious Inc. 5000 Hall of Fame and is a Google Premier Partner.
Blue Corona is a remote-first company, which means work outside of an office will be the primary working environment for most employees. Being remote-first also means the locations of our employees are intentional. but flexible. Blue Corona is authorized to do business in many, but not all, states. If you are not located in or able to work from a state where Blue Corona is registered, you may not be eligible for employment.