As a Content Marketing Specialist, you’ll be responsible for the web content strategy and execution for multiple clients. Although the type of content you will produce will vary month-to-month, it will typically include: basic web pages, informational blog posts, email blasts, and social media posts. Our clients require top-quality content that is driven by a data-backed strategy; the goal of each piece is to deliver leads and generate sales, so your skills must extend beyond the ability to write creatively. You will be evaluated on your ability to increase organic web performance for your clients (measured by visits, leads, and sales driven from their website, email marketing, and social campaigns).
- Analyze website data to create ongoing web content strategy and implementation plans for your assigned clients
- Report on monthly KPIs that track organic web performance
- Maintain and improve the best practices when it comes to site structure (and other technical SEO components) for your clients
- Create, optimize, and/or manage the creation of client website content using various tools, data, and research
- Create and schedule organic social content for clients
- Create, produce, and send email marketing campaigns for clients
- Respond to and complete client requests in a thorough and timely manner
- Manage and direct editorial production of web content (when applicable)
- Collaborate with multiple teams on marketing campaigns (teams include Account Management, Design, Web Projects, Web & Development, Video, Paid Search, and more)
- 4-year college degree in Communications, Public Relations, Journalism, Marketing, Business, or related (high GPAs and top-tier schools preferred)
- Experience writing web content (or a fantastic portfolio, personal blog/website, etc.)
- Strong critical and strategic thinking skills (demonstration of successful campaigns implementation preferred)
- Extreme attention to detail with respect to writing accuracy, grammatical correctness, etc. and no tolerance for errors
- Comfort using and navigating analytical tools (experience with Google Analytics preferred and Facebook Business Manager is a plus)
- Strong work ethic and a "do whatever it takes to get the best job done" attitude
- Exemplary organization and time management skills with the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Knowledge of/familiarity with search engine optimization (SEO) best-practices and techniques (proven experience increasing website traffic preferred)
- Experience creating and managing strategic social media or email marketing campaigns is a plus
- Advertising copywriting and/or writing for the home services industry is a plus
Benefits of Working for Blue Corona
We work hard, but we maintain a fun and family-like environment filled with social events, birthday celebrations, and free lunch EVERY Friday. Not only do we offer health, vision and dental insurance packages, our benefits include: 401k matching, a subsidized gym membership, HSA contribution, and generous holiday schedules and paid vacation time.
About Blue Corona
Founded in 2008, Blue Corona is a data-driven online marketing company that helps businesses accurately measure and track their advertising efforts to generate more leads and sales from the web. For each client, Blue Corona implements inbound internet marketing strategies such as pay per click (PPC) advertising, search engine optimization (SEO), online lead generation, ad tracking, conversion rate optimization, and website redesigns. Blue Corona was ranked on the 2012 Inc. 500 list and has placed on the Inc. 500|5000 every year since (2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, and 2018). The company has offices in both Gaithersburg, MD and Charlotte, NC.