As a Copywriter, you’ll have a direct hand in helping our clients get more leads from their website by producing compelling, high-quality copywriting for multiple clients. Although the type of content you will produce may vary from month to month, it will typically include basic web pages, informational blog posts, email blasts, and social media posts. You may occasionally write copy for print pieces and other client assets. You will work closely with analysts on the SEO team to determine the best strategy for each piece of content you produce.
Our clients require top-quality content that is backed by a data-driven strategy. The goal of our work is to deliver leads and generate sales, so your skills must extend beyond the ability to write creatively. You will be evaluated on your ability to create error-free content that increases web performance for your clients (measured by visits, leads, and sales are driven from their website).
- Your ultimate goal: get our clients more leads by writing killer, error-free content
- Create, optimize, and/or manage the creation of client website content using various tools, data, and research
- Adhere to strict quality standards for all copy produced
- Adapt writing style and “voice” to each client’s industry, audience, and preferences
- Work closely with each account’s SEO analyst to understand the client’s goals in order to produce content that adheres to their unique needs and priorities
- Research on industry trends, terms, and service offerings to become a domain expert for that client vertical
- Manage and direct editorial production of web content written by outsourced or contracted writers, including choosing writers and coaching them on quality expectations
- Manage and direct editorial production of content for new website projects as needed
- Collaborate with multiple teams on copy needed (teams include Account Management, Design, Web Projects, Web & Development, Video, Paid Search, and more)
- 4-year college degree in Communications, Public Relations, Journalism, English, or related (high GPAs and top-tier schools preferred)
- 5 years’ experience writing web content (portfolio, personal blog/website, or other writing samples a plus). Agency experience highly preferred.
- Ability to adapt to different writing styles informed by industry and client-specific strategy
- Strong critical and strategic thinking skills
- Extreme attention to detail with respect to writing accuracy, grammatical correctness, etc. and no tolerance for errors—in your work or others’
- Familiar with analytical tools such as Google Analytics and Facebook Business Manager
- Exemplary organization and time management skills with the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Knowledge of/familiarity with search engine optimization (SEO) best practices and techniques is a plus
- Experience creating and managing strategic social media or email marketing campaigns is a plus
- Love for the Oxford comma (okay, you don’t have to love it—but you do have to live with it)
- Business acumen and drive (you never lose sight of your overall goal—growing our clients’ businesses)
- Open to telecommute options for individuals who reside more than 60 miles from the office
Benefits of Working for Blue Corona
We work hard, but we maintain a fun and family-like environment filled with social events, birthday celebrations, and free lunch EVERY Friday. Not only do we offer health, vision and dental insurance packages, our benefits include: 401k matching, a subsidized gym membership, HSA contribution, and generous holiday schedules and paid vacation time.
About Blue Corona
Founded in 2008, Blue Corona is a data-driven online marketing company that helps businesses accurately measure and track their advertising efforts to generate more leads and sales from the web. For each client, Blue Corona implements inbound internet marketing strategies such as pay per click (PPC) advertising, search engine optimization (SEO), online lead generation, ad tracking, conversion rate optimization, and website redesigns. Blue Corona was ranked on the 2012 Inc. 500 list and has placed on the Inc. 500|5000 every year since (2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, and 2018). The company has offices in both Gaithersburg, MD and Charlotte, NC.