Senior Web Designer
- Full Time
- Web Design & Development Team
Blue Corona is a technology-enabled digital marketing company that helps residential service businesses increase leads and sales. For each client, Blue Corona implements inbound internet marketing strategies such as pay-per-click (PPC) advertising, search engine optimization (SEO), website design and development, and marketing analytics services to measurably increase marketing performance.
As a Senior Web Designer, you will be part of a team that strives to create the right brand awareness, experience, and solutions for our clients. While your primary focus will be to design, enhance, and optimize websites and digital assets for our clients, you will also contribute to creative activities within the department and the company. These may include development of design standards & best practices, application of design & technology innovations into our work, development of new design service offerings, and application of creative design to our company solutions & brand as a whole.
Your creative work will delight our clients by incorporating their company’s characteristics, voice, style, and vision into our creative processes to deliver websites & brand assets that are smooth, functional, current, and relevant. In addition, your work will create a portfolio of sites and assets for our company that reflect our brand, standards, innovations, and creative processes to be best in class in our industry.
You are a creative individual with a keen focus on customers, user experiences, details, and relevant industry trends. You have business acumen, a goal driven mindset, and an analytical approach to make good decisions. You have an advanced knowledge of technologies and principles of user experience design for multiple device form factors and mediums. You are comfortable with multi-tasking and working in a fast-paced environment that is agile and responsive to client & business needs.
You love to interact with clients, learn about their business, brand, and goals. You can work independently from project briefs, conduct intakes, and execute design processes to deliver websites and digital assets. You are decisive, making the necessary calls to keep commitments on track. You enjoy teamwork, interacting closely with your design team, account managers, project managers, development, and QA specialists to execute projects on a timely basis.
- Design websites and a variety of digital assets (e.g. digital ads, e-mail campaigns, newsletters, brand graphics, promotional materials, collateral and more) for our clients.
- Create and deliver brand standards, style guides, wireframes, site maps, page templates, layouts, and other elements related to website and digital asset design and development.
- Provide development direction, optimized assets and design acceptance criteria for quality and development. Monitor adherence to criteria to ensure that work products capture the essence of the brand.
- Contribute to development of design and experience standards, and reusable design asset libraries to ensure consistency, relevancy, and currency of our work products.
- Operate in an agile framework with the ability to work on multiple projects in an iterative framework.
- Work as part of a team, collaborating with account managers, project managers, development and quality teams, and client stakeholders to deliver value iteratively, with the end in mind.
- Actively participate in client meetings, leading design related topics, a delivery focus, and projecting industry knowledge and credibility.
- Bring creativity, innovation, out of the box thinking to projects with attention to details and a delivery-oriented mindset.
- Mentor junior designers and help them grow in their careers.
- Apply a creative mindset for additional brand awareness and experience projects and the development of new service offerings. These may include but are not limited to logo and brand development, marketing collateral, promotional materials, marketing campaigns for lead generation with calls to action, and physical-to-digital interactions.
- Self-starter with excellent time management skills to work upon a variety of projects and collaborate with teams on multiple projects and initiatives.
- Continuous learner with a quest to grow and share knowledge in design, industry and technology trends, and industries and verticals we serve.
- Bachelor’s Degree in graphic design, web design or related degree.
- Minimum 2-5 years of professional web design experience.
- Strong portfolio to demonstrate a range of website and digital asset designs.
- Client facing interactions, including participating in, and leading meetings.
- Knowledge of and proficiency in Figma, Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, In-Design).
- Responsive design principles & UX strategy and execution.
- Current & relevant design trends, best practices, and related technologies.
- Productivity & Professional Software e.g., Microsoft Office, Project Management, Issue Management & Reporting, Asset Repositories, and Time Reporting.
Blue Corona Perks & Benefits
- Flexible/remote working opportunities
- Quarterly bonus plan
- Generous paid time off policy
- Health/vision/dental coverage
- Health Savings Account with employer contribution
- Casual dress code
- Company 401(k) matching
- Company celebrations and events
- Company-branded swag
About Blue Corona
Founded in 2008, Blue Corona is a full-service digital marketing agency helping residential service companies increase their leads and sales, optimize their marketing costs, and differentiate their brands online. Blue Corona was recently named one of Inc. 500 2021 Best Workplaces and Charlotte Business Journal’s Best Places to Work (large companies), is a member of the prestigious Inc. 5000 Hall of Fame, and is a Google Premier Partner.
Blue Corona is now a remote-first company, which means work outside of an office will be the primary working environment for most employees. Being remote-first also means the locations of our employees are intentional. but flexible. Blue Corona is authorized to do business in many, but not all, states. If you are not located in or able to work from a state where Blue Corona is registered, you will not be eligible for employment.