Senior Software Engineer
Blue Corona is a technology-enabled digital marketing company that helps need-based service companies increase their leads and sales. Blue Corona creates & implements inbound internet marketing strategies such as pay-per-click (PPC) advertising, search engine optimization (SEO), website design and development, and marketing analytics services to measurably increase marketing performance.
In addition to its full suite of digital marketing services, Blue Corona offers its clients a full set of technology services including website creation, hosting, administration, and maintenance, platforms for analytics & insights, and integrations to business systems and third-party data and engagement platforms to provide our customers with the maximum value for their investment.
As a Senior Software Engineer (full stack), reporting to the Director of Web & Software Development, you will be responsible for full stack development on applications for digital marketing insights and analytics and related areas. Integration with marketing (e.g., Google, Microsoft, Facebook, etc.), engagement (e.g., calls, forms, schedulers, chats, assistants), business (e.g., CRM, FSM), and third party (weather, geographic) data sources using a consistent integration framework is a key part of this role. You will work with large data sets and have opportunities to explore & apply AI/ML and data science principles as our applications evolve. You will also interface with our web development team to build standard integrations with Websites built for our clients using the WordPress ecosystem. Our tech stack uses technologies such as React, Node, Mongo, Python, MySQL, and deployed using CI/CD pipelines on a docker/Kubernetes cluster on AWS. You will work closely with development leaders, architects, and functional to help design and materialize solutions and see them through the development lifecycle using practical agile processes.
To be successful in this role, you are passionate about solving real business problems using software technologies, love to work with big data and analytics, have an eye for detail and user experiences and for service architectures and scalable deployment. You have an analytical approach, have training or deep experience in coding algorithms, and working on scalable applications with a focus on performance, security, scalability, re-usability, i18N. You have developed front end and middle tier services, backend systems and have designed data models and interfaces to data and management. You have CI/CD and DevOps experience along with passion for code clarity, management, and organization.
- Architecture & design of software systems and sub-systems
- Participate in Data modeling & design – for both relational and unstructured
- Contribute in developing Data Warehouse / Lakes
- Create & Implement API specification in technologies like Node.js / Nest.js / Python in a microservices architecture
- Estimation & sizing of systems or components
- Interfacing with Solution Management, users, clients as needed
- Troubleshooting & bug fixes
- Unit testing and code coverage
- Full stack development (Front-end, middle-tier, data)
- DevOps setup, management, and maintenance
- Experience in working with large scale analytics applications
- Strong backend API / Services development on frameworks like Node / Nest / Python / Hapi etc
- Experience in building data warehouse / lakes
- Familiarity with concepts like data partitioning, indexing across databases – both relational and NoSQL ones
- Databases – SQL, noSQL, Graph, document, search, big-data stores
- AWS platform, knowledge of Azure and/or GCP is a plus
- Application and component deployment
- Data analytics, science, and AI/ML exposure
- Security frameworks
- Messaging, event frameworks
- Open-source frameworks, tools, and components
- Cloud Development, deployment, and management & cloud considerations
- AWS platform, knowledge of Azure and/or GCP is a plus
- Code management & quality
- Code repository management & maintenance
- Agile processes compliance, enhancements
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field
- 2-5 years of experience as a sr. software engineer, lead, or related role
- Hands on development experience on production applications
- Cloud multi-tenant application development experience
- Hands-on experience with development lifecycle, processes, and systems
- Worked in agile teams to execute quality from specification to certification
- Active in development communities, forums, and other tech. communities
- Knowledge of development standards and trends with ability to operationalize
- Apply out-of-the-box thinking for creative solutions to challenging problems
- Think about reusability & scale in quality execution
- Process oriented & use metrics to drive and manage execution effectively
- Detail oriented and driven to excellence in development execution, and management
- Effective communicator, verbally and in writing, bridging functional and technical topics.
- Business oriented, connect client and company business needs with technical solutions.
- A team player with a passion for collaboration, growth and trying new things.
- Strong work ethic, taking ownership to get things done
- A positive “Can-Do” attitude.
- Strong critical thinking skills.
Blue Corona Perks & Benefits
- Flexible/remote working opportunities
- Quarterly bonus plan
- Generous paid time off policy
- Health/vision/dental coverage
- Health Savings Account with employer contribution
- Casual dress code
- Company 401(k) matching
- Company celebrations and events
- Company-branded swag
About Blue Corona
Founded in 2008, Blue Corona is a full-service digital marketing agency helping residential service companies increase their leads and sales, optimize their marketing costs, and differentiate their brands online. Blue Corona was recently named one of Inc. 500 2021 Best Workplaces and Charlotte Business Journal’s Best Places to Work (large companies), is a member of the prestigious Inc. 5000 Hall of Fame and is a Google Premier Partner.
Blue Corona is now a remote-first company, which means work outside of an office will be the primary working environment for most employees. Being remote-first also means the locations of our employees are intentional. but flexible. Blue Corona is authorized to do business in many, but not all, states. If you are not located in or able to work from a state where Blue Corona is registered, you may not be eligible for employment.